Our Church Council gave the green light on Wednesday to advertise and develop our web pages further.
Thank you everyone involved, especially the wonderful folk who contributed wonderful writing and images to give us such and amazing “initial prototype” of these pages.
We’ll now be registering a short(er) URL (web address) and getting ready to make the next set of content over the next couple of months:
- The “Children and Families” tabbed page;
- A clear path to how to make bookings for the Church facilities;
- A clear path to the Church Photo Gallery, and how to contribute images that contributors are happy to share on the Internet;
- A nicer, more diverse, banner graphic across the top of all the pages;
- A network of links to related pages, in the Circuit, District, Harrogate and beyond.
Over the next few months we are looking for three kinds of volunteers to help keep our web doors open, vibrant and interesting:
- Content contributors – mostly of news articles from the miniscule to the deep. To ensure we catch a good breadth of the life of our Church and also the special and smaller group activities that not all of us will be aware of;
- Content editors – to create and gather news articles and get them into the web pages looking great, possibly just for specialist areas relating to one or a few church groups;
- Webmasters – to administer the web pages and master the content on the pages that are more stable, beyond the current news and events. As we are keeping costs to a minimum, fancy wordpress template editing is neither required nor possible, so the webmastery is an easy thing to learn.
In the New Year, there will be a little bit of calendar entering to do (Google Calendar), email forwarding to manage (Gmail) and photo gallery to grow and share (Flickr), as well as the main web pages to administer (WordPress). All of this is individually much easier than understanding how to write a good looking letter in MS Word, and we’ll arrange some info, training and sharing sessions that will be fun.
Leave a message/reply below or get in touch with Rod if interested. Thanks!